In the United States of America (USA), motorcycles are a great passion. Although being the country with the greatest variety of motorcycle events in the world, it does not become the country with more motorcycles in the world to be surpassed by Vietnam, say injury attorney Shenandoah, Virginia.
The great skills and passion for motorcycles have marked a before and after on the roads of the US where many people who love two wheels make long trips across the country. If you are one of the people who want to experience this motorcycle adventure on the roads of the United States, it is important that you know the following basic laws for riding a motorcycle.
The general laws and most important rules when driving motorcycles
According to a well-versed injury attorney Shenandoah, Virginia, it is simply common knowledge that driving motorcycles is riskier than driving a car. That is why, in the USA, there are laws that are observed in all states for the safety of users.
- Use of helmets:The use of helmets is essential to drive a motorcycle. In fact, each person who gets on a motorcycle must have their own helmet.
- Limit of people:You cannot exceed the limit of people who can ride the same motorcycle. In all across the USA, the limit for driving is two people. You can see remote cases of three or more people on a motorcycle in exhibitions, which are open participation, but the rest is not legal, says an experienced injury attorney Shenandoah, Virginia.
- Age allowed:To obtain the motorcycle driving license, you must have a minimum age of sixteen years. However, in order to obtain the license to drive a motorcycle on the road, the minimum age allowed is eighteen years. The permission granted to the sixteen years is only to drive within the same city that is granted.
- Prohibited to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs:Although there are states that are more permissive according to the consumption of some drugs in particular, none can get on a motorcycle and drive in a state affected by drugs or alcohol, at least not without problems with the law.
Specific laws by state to drive motorcycle
According to a reputable injury attorney Shenandoah, Virginia, one of the particularities of the USA is that there are specific laws, in each of its 50 states there are different regulations, which differentiate one state from another, and with motorcycles is not the exception.
- Clothing (yes, even if you do not believe it):In some states it is forbidden to drive motorcycles with “criminal” clothes, that is, dark lenses, helmets with metallic ornaments of skulls, leather jackets and, in itself, the stereotype of clothing Motorized delinquent is illegal.
- Condition of the motorcycle:The conditions of the motorcycle are of great importance in some states. To prevent accidents, the motorcycle must be in optimal conditions to be used. The use of a motorcycle in poor condition can be fined, says a reliable injury attorney Shenandoah, Virginia.
If you need the help of an injury lawyer in Virginia with this type of a case in Fairfax, City of Fairfax, Prince William (Manassas), Fauquier (Warrenton), Loudoun (Leesburg), Caroline, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Chesterfield, Henrico, Arlington, Richmond, Alexandria, Warren (Front Royal), Clarke, Shenandoah, King George, Charles City, Frederick, Fredericksburg, Gloucester, Hanover, Hopewell, James City, King & Queen, King William, New Kent, Newport News, Petersburg, Prince George, Rappahannock or York, call our law firm immediately for help and speak to a lawyer about your options.