Maryland Lawyer – Child Pornography
If I am being accused of child pornography in Maryland, do I need Maryland lawyer who has handled a lot of Maryland child pornography cases or can any Maryland criminal lawyer help me?
Clients frequently have a misconception that a criminal lawyer in Maryland is no different than any other criminal lawyer in Maryland.
This misconception can result in devastating consequences to the client.
Defense of child pornography charges in Maryland requires a thorough understanding of a variety of factors:
• The way the police or Federal agents conduct their sting
• Use of peer to peer software also known as P2P. An example of this software is limewire.
• The factors the court will consider when considering bond on a child pornography case in Maryland state court vs. Maryland Federal Court.
• The significant penalties associated with a charge of possession of child pornography vs. receipt of child pornography vs. distribution of child pornography in the Federal Courts.
• A thorough understanding of Maryland State Criminal Procedure and Federal Criminal Procedure.
• The mental health aspects involved in a child pornography case.
An experienced Maryland lawyer who frequently defends clients charged with child pornography will be able to talk intelligently with the client regarding the above and provide the type of guidance necessary to successfully navigate the client through this very difficult situation.
Contact a Maryland lawyer from the SRIS Law Group if you have been charged with possession, receipt or distribution of child pornography.
When you talk with one of our Maryland lawyers who defend clients charged with a child pornography offense, you will understand why it is so important to have an attorney who has the experience necessary to defend you.